There are forty-seven fast foods restaurants in Frankfort (OK, that's a guess, but I bet I'm close). In Midway? None. We have an ordinance against it. Some posit that the ability to get fast food cheaply and quickly is destroying our bodies and maybe even our minds. Fast food is of the lowest quality and the highest in fat, preservatives, and processed food stuffs. Others insist that this is a free country and that we ought to be able to destroy our bodies if we want to. Still others insist that fast food isn't as bad as we think.
We are the fattest and least healthy nation in the world. What should we do about it? Would limiting or banning fast food or soft drinks or other offenders bring us closer to a fix? Should we put restrictions on it like cigarettes?
Photo credit: Jon Feinstein

NO! Fast food is not ruining America! America is ruining fast food. I am in love over the fact we have a whole blog post about fast food. Like, I seriously want to go celebrate... By eating fast food.
ReplyDeleteOkay but on a serious note we should not try to ban or change fast food in any way. McDonalds recently came out and told the world that they were making their hamburgers and ice cream with some sort of pink slime. The reason for that is to have more product using less actual meat and dairy substances. McDonalds claimed they have changed their ways and stopped adding the pink substance to their products. But in all honesty, I don't really care what food is made out of as long as it tastes good. People across America were horribly disturbed by how McDonalds made their food. However, they weren't complaining when they were shoving a Big Mac down their throat.
In my last blog post, I talked about how much I love food (fast food mainly) and I'm just going to say this once again, you do not have to eat it! You know, the problem with America today is that society is trying to go for this "be healthy and active and fit" kind of outlook (probably to try to change the fact that America is known as one of the most obese countries in the world.) But you know, it's pretty hard for overweight Americans to try to reach their weight goal when a salad is like..what $10 (don't quote me on that I've never actually eaten a salad before) and a chicken sandwich from McDonalds is only $1.
There are fast food restaurants on every flippin' street corner of every city. (Yet, we [not including myself] complain about how "unhealthy and bad" for you it is.) And if there isn't, than we still complain about not having one. I realize that people are always on the go, driving here and there. And as human beings, we get hungry, but we don't have time to stop, sit down and eat. But just think about this for a second, even if you could like get a salad or a steak or something to go, how the hell would you eat it while driving? It's so much more easier to have your hand on the wheel and another, holding your fries or sandwich. Fast food restaurants are so convenient as well. Especially If you're in a hurry and don't have time to stop.
I don't see any reason to try to make fast food "healthier." Okay, honestly it wouldn't kill anyone if these restaurant made actual, fresh, 100% real food. Sure it would be a little bit more pricier but if we are so determined to change, than it shouldn't even be a problem.
In all honest, (if I ever exercised) I would be that person to walk (not run, walk) on a treadmill, eating a baconator and frosty. I LOVE fast food. Greasy, delicious fast food. I hate the idea of being healthy. Obviously, I'm one of the few that doesn't really care about health. Some people say that fast food makes them sick. Hell, I get sick if I don't eat fast food, and I don't think we should try to make fast food restaurants more healthier but I do think that places like McDonalds should start using ALL real meat and food that's fresh. I don't really care if it's healthier but it would probably taste better.
-Hannah Hyatt (:
Okay, In all seriousness, I'm going to talk about my health and personal experience. I'm actually going to talk about how my eating habits effect me negatively. Lately I've been getting more sick than I usually do, which is weird because I don't really get sick that often. So, it occurred to my mom I was a bit "unhealthy." So we went to the doctor and I had a physical check up. I weighed 120 lbs last year and this year I still weight 120. I have a low body mass and my doctor said it was almost impossible for me to lose weight unless I starve myself. So even over a year, I haven't gained any weight. Which is really weird because I should weigh like 800 pounds by how much I eat.
ReplyDeleteMy doctor informed my mom that I have some sort of mild eating disorder due to not eating any sort of vegetables or fruit. The only fruit I actually like are raspberries and I probably eat 1 or 2 servings of vegetables every few months. So, in about a month or so, I have to go see a nutrition specialist about my "eating disorder."
Almost every single morning, I eat 1 to 2 bowls of ice cream for breakfast. I drink redbull daily. I do eat a lot of meat. I eat chicken and seafood mostly. But I eat fast food probably more than any other kind of food. I am always eating junk food, sweets, chips and greasy foods throughout the day. Last week for lunch, I brought cake, some cookies, a Pepsi and popcorn. (Oh my gosh it was so good!)
I read on Pinterest, that if you eat greasy, unhealthy food, it can cause acne and oily skin. Which I have both. I've always had a bad problem with acne but eating fast food daily isn't really helping. I consume a LOT of sugar. Which obviously is really bad for my teeth. I just got my 15th filling a few weeks ago. On top of 15 cavities, I've had two root canals as well as surgery on my gums. I know what you're thinking. "Brush your teeth!" I brush my teeth twice, and sometimes three times a day. My dentist said that a very high amount of sugar as well as the acids that are in energy and soft drinks, can cause tooth decay even with regular brushing.
Along with bad skin and tons of mouth work, my vision is horrible. I always heard that carrots can improve your eye sight. Turns out, any sort of vegetables are good for your eyes. I started having pretty bad vision in 2ed or 3ed grade. I've been wearing glasses and contacts every since. I mean, if I don't have my contacts in, I can't see anything past two feet. Every time I go to the eye doctor I have to get new prescriptions because my vision keeps getting worse and worse. Well, apparently my eye sight is bad because of my diet.
So, I guess I'm not the best example when it comes to health but I mean I'm 16, I don't really care about my health. Sometimes I attempt to exercise or eat healthy foods, but I would much rather lay in bed and eat pizza. I just wanted to share this because even though I do eat a lot of junk food, and I really effects my health. I guess it doesn't really show but I'm pretty unhealthy for a teenager.
Hannah Hyatt
I think that as yes, it is a free country and I do love clogging my arteries as much as the next guy, but there comes a time when you need a nice home cooked meal or a salad. I don't a lot of vegetables, I know. Well I don't eat a lot of anything at all. Fast foo is quick, simple, and just filling enough to make me think im eating enough. I rarely eat dinner at home, but when we go out I practically stuff my face, and it ain't with a salad.
ReplyDeleteI think people just need to find a happy medium in what they eat and do. I mean, fast food doesn't destroy your body unless you eat it every day. if that's the case, you're pretty much screwed. And like Hannah Hyatt explained, eating the greasy fatty foods we all love doesn't just mess with your weight, but with your appearance as well. I know most teenagers deal with acne, and fast food can attribute to most of it (depending on your eating habits)
But I think we should all regulate what we do. Go out for fast food when you're in a rush, if you're busy. But sit down with your family for a home cooked meal. Hamburgers cooked on a grill are much healthier than what you get at McDonalds people.
Tyler Chapman
I will say that I don't think that fast food is ruining american bodies I think that it is our life style that is ruining our bodies. As americans we always seem to be busy, we fill our days up with endless work and leave no time to prepare a meal or take a nap. Also fast food is a cheap alternative that many turn to, healthier foods like vegetables and whole wheats are more expensive than many of the unhealthy processed foods.
ReplyDeleteI have a very busy schedule myself I have archery a few nights a week that starts at 7:30 at night until 9pm, since I live far out in bagdad ky I have to stay in town all day, because if I drove home after school I would use to much gas, so I usually eat fast food. I know it seems like I'm giving an excuse for my bad eating habbits but I haven't found a way to change that yet.
Fast food isn't ruining our bodies its the life styles we live that is runing our bodies. The busy, stressful, on the go, money saving lifestyles we live is persuading us to make the wrong choice and eat unhealthy.
~Taylor Gilbert
I agree with Hannah Hyatt’s blog post. It’s us as Americans choice to eat the fast food; no one is making us eat the food. Limiting or banning fast food and soft drinks would limit the job options for people. I don’t think there should be restrictions on fast food. A simple solution to this would to have healthy and nutritious foods be less expensive than fatty greasy foods.
ReplyDeleteBanning fast food and soft drinks would put many companies and people out of work. Profits would go down because Americans will always love the taste of fast food. Statistics say that in the year 2013, 4,064,174 people are employed in the fast food industry. By banning fast food, all of those people will be out of work. Most of the employees at fast food restaurants don’t have much more than a high school education, making it hard for them a job again.
I believe there shouldn’t be a restriction on fast food. That sounds ridiculous actually. Being sixteen or older or having parent permission to buy fast food makes no sense. That would cause so many problems. We live in America which is a free country where everyone has rights. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to buy a cheeseburger from McDonalds if they want to. It shouldn’t matter what age you are to buy food. Young people are generally the main consumers of fast food because it’s relatively cheap and they aren’t worried about how unhealthy it is for them. Are fast food restaurants really going to turn down a paying customer even though they’re fifteen? Or do you think fast food restaurants are going to stop and check to see if a customer is under the age of sixteen or has parent permission to buy food? Nope, I don’t believe they are. All they care about is that daily income they don’t care who’s buying it.
I’m quoting Hannah on this when she said “But you know, it's pretty hard for overweight Americans to try to reach their weight goal when a salad is like...what $10 and a chicken sandwich from McDonalds is only $1.” Even though Hannah exaggerated a bit by saying that a salad from McDonalds is ten dollars, she’s not exaggerating that having the option to eat healthier is more expensive than the option of eating unhealthier. Most people are on a budget, have large families to feed and the economy is just bad right now and choosing unhealthy items off the dollar menu is the easier, similar, cheaper choice people are honestly going to make.
Hannah is completely right, “Fast food is not ruining America! America is ruining fast food.” You can’t control what other people eat so I don’t think it’s correct to say that fast food is ruining America. Banning or putting restrictions on fast foods and soft drinks is not the answer is not the answer. Making healthy foods on the menu have a more reasonable choice is.
Sources:
http://www.statista.com/statistics/196630/number-of-employees-in-us-fast-food-restaurants-since-2002
Hannah Smith
THANK YOU!!!!!! I'm happy you agree with my post (:
DeleteHannah Hyatt
Your post was so awesome and truthful. They way your personality is tied in with your writing makes it very entertaining and enjoyable to read. I like how is casually written but its effective. I was shocked at how honest you really were and the things you mentioned. You had me cracking up all through your piece haha, it was great!
DeleteHannah Smith
I have to say no, fast food is ruining american bodies. Well I guess its a major factor of American obesity but... I'll just explain why I think its not. Its the fault of Americans because because like hannah said most of us don't want to work out. We pretty much accepting the road to obesity by choosing to eat a a lot of fast food and not working out because were lazy. Believe me I know lazy. Whenever I eat a frisco burger from Hardy's I don't think " I need to exercise", no I'm ready to take a nap.
ReplyDeleteLook at other countries around the world that have fast food restaurants. You almost never hear much about obesity in these countries, you know why? Because they have a cap on it, they don't eat fast food every day like most of us do.
Compare it to the issue some people have with guns. Some say "guns kill people!" Umm... No a gun is an inanimate object, the person using the gun is the killer. Same with fast food, it may be unhealthy but its not the company's fault. You are the one who decides to eat it so its your fault, no one is forcing you to eat it. And I dont think " I don't have time to make healthier food at home" is a good excuse. For one many restaurants now have healthier items on the menu so you don't have to eat a pound of greasy meat. Second if you're complaining about your body image and are still eating fast food heres an idea, Don't. Its not gonna kill you to skip a meal. Now I'm gonna go back to eating my 50 piece chicken nuggets.
- Cameron Bunyea, head of the PPNTOO, Preservation of the Pacific Northwestern Tree Octopus Organization
The natural enemy of the tree octopi are Sasquatch so please help to reduce the Sasquatch population.
To learn more please visit the website below:
http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
The Pacific Northwestern Tree Octopus is a rare and beautiful creature, who should be preserved. But can we really risk the already dwindling Squach population for a few tree swinging cephalopods?
DeleteI think that it’s actually rather to silly to say that fast food is ruining people. We say it as if fast food is some creature that finds us and slithers itself down our gullets against our will. We choose what we eat, not the other way around. The food presented by the restaurants does not have to be eaten, but we as a culture are lazy and look for the simplest and easiest way to get things done, even if it is detrimental. Fast food happens to be the cheapest and easiest route for a lot of people, even if it IS slop, it is cheap and filling slop.
ReplyDeleteYou know it’s sad when you can get a cheeseburger for less than you can buy fresh produce.
I think that it’s actually rather to silly to say that fast food is ruining people. We say it as if fast food is some creature that finds us and slithers itself down our gullets against our will. We choose what we eat, not the other way around. The food presented by the restaurants does not have to be eaten, but we as a culture are lazy and look for the simplest and easiest way to get things done, even if it is detrimental. Fast food happens to be the cheapest and easiest route for a lot of people, even if it IS slop, it is cheap and filling slop.
ReplyDeleteYou know it’s sad when you can get a cheeseburger for less than you can buy fresh produce.
McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Steak and Shake, Burger King, Arbys, KFC, White Castle, Hardee's, Dairy queen, Fazolis, Qdoba, Penn Station, Captain D's, Long John Silvers, Taco Johns, Zaxby's. What's wrong with these besides the fact that we have AT LEAST one of all these restaurants in Frankfort? Over half of them have drive-thru's making our access to greasy, unhealthy that much easier. Obesity is the second leading cause of death in America. 2 out of every 3 adults in America are obese and 60% are being diagnosed with diabetes. Wow, how sad.
ReplyDeleteFast food IS ruining our bodies, the access to fast food is much to easy and there is way to much access to it! You're in a hurry to get to basketball practice, running on an empty stomach, what will most of you do? Just take a quick stop at McDonalds- before a basketball practice. How ridiculous? Us as Americans are doing it to ourselves and I am a prime victim of this crime- after an hour long workout at CrossFit, ill "reward" myself by stopping by McDonalds and getting myself a sweet tea, but not at all am I rewarding myself.
I do agree with the argument that we chose what we eat, but how do you really have a choice when you're constantly surrounded by McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King and all the rest? We are the most obese country in the world, do you really think if we had the "choice" that we would be? Absolutely not. The problem is the access to these awful places. The cheap prices, being able to get your food in less than 5 minutes, and I will admit, the yummy taste- Honestly, how can you stay away?!
I don't blame the people at all, I blame our society.
-Lauren Knarr
Okay for starters I absolutely do not care what people say about fast food restaurants ruing our bodies. People you know its bad for you, but despite the knowledge you have about. People still go and eat there, then say "oh this is so bad and full of oily fats"
ReplyDeleteI mean I go to McDonald a lot before school and have breakfast, because schools food is awful. I know it's "unhealthy" but everyday after school I go to Versailles and practice with my coach, Its outrageous of how much I run. I even work out on my free days. I'm in the best shape of my life, and fast food didn't even phase me. People over exaggerate and try to find excuses.
-Nick Raymond
Ok I�m in the middle here. On occasion I want the usual fast food. I lean more to the side of the fresh fruits and vegetables. I will pick strawberries and watermelon over any other food there is. That is all I ate over the past summer, I would have the usual breakfast and dinner but if I was snacking it was on some kind of fruit. Last year I came to school with my dad every morning. And every morning we would go to McDonalds. Around the first part of March it got to the point of where it was bothering my stomach and I was getting tired of it. So I decided to give it up for Lent so I wouldn�t have to go there. Ten out of the 40 days of Lent were hard for me because I wanted that sweet tea that is really the only thing I missed. Since then I�ve had McDonalds 10 times maybe more. Now when I have no choice to eat there I feel like I�m eating grease and I can feel it sticking to the roof of my mouth. I not saying that other places like Wendy�s, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell etc. is a bad place to eat, I can handle them but I prefer to eat at home and eat my mother�s home cooked meals.
ReplyDelete~ Megan Blanton ~
Eating fast is a choice; even though trying to eat healthier is little on the expensive side, but there is out of reach, because there are always sales and coupons for stuff. The fast food restaurant is always closest and cheapest, but takes a lot of discipline and determination to eat health. Again everyone metabolizes food at differently; that why someone may eat fast food every single and still look skinny, but doesn’t mean it doesn’t still have negative impact on them.
ReplyDeleteAll fast foods contain genetically modified organisms; mostly known as GMO foods, which is not good for body. According to downtoearth.org, 88% of corn, 94% of soy, 95% of sugar beets, 90% of cotton and 80% of Hawaiian papaya in America by 2011 were genetically engineered. I suggest the proper labeling of GMO foods to inform consumers of what they are taking into their bodies. I will also suggest educating people on how to read nutrition facts. Limiting it will help a little, but not banning it, because like I said earlier, it’s a choice, but consumers shouldn’t be unaware of its effects on the body, like when you even a lot of fast food, and get obese, you are more likely to get high blood pressure and diabetes.
Fast food can be addictive, but prevention is always better than cure. It is hard to see the consequences of fast food now, but it comes in the long run. I personally don’t think having fast food here and then is bad, but having it all the time is what’s not good for us. America is one of the nations with the most overweight and obese population.
Nerisia Ngum
I’m not one to deny that I don’t love to have baconator from Wendy’s or a sweet tea from McDonalds every now and then but it’s not about necessarily what you eat its how often you eat it. There are some people who eat fast food twice a day or every day, I think that’s just ridiculous. Coming from an athlete who travels a lot yes, fast food is convenient and is very delicious but it should be a privilege to eat fast food not an obligation. As many people may know Kentucky does have one of the highest obesity rates in our population and I believe fast food is a major contributing factor.
ReplyDeleteA big issue with America is our economy and job market, people are spending more money than they have. I think it’s absurd that people can pay money for fast food however they are unemployed, bank rupt, and living off the government and our tax money for welfare. It just baffles me! A friend of mine and her family tried for two weeks to not go any fast food restaurant or any type of restaurant at all and they discovered a significant increase in their weekly spending money. Most people think that a one dollar taco from Taco Bell isn’t that much but one taco leads to another taco and it goes on and on until you have no money left. One thing that fast foods do positively for us is that they supply a lot of jobs which you don’t have to be very qualified to do.
Besides the jobs they supply and taste of the food there aren’t many good things about fast food. They get expensive, they make us fatter, and honestly we could do without them. I think people of America just need to eat fast food in moderation, not every day but once a week maybe. I’m totally agreeing with Hannah on the fact that I love food but being a young adult I must, like everyone, take it as a privilege. All this talk about food makes me really hungry so I’m going to get some food (:
Lexie Richardson
PART 1
ReplyDeleteFast food isn't all that great of a thing. It is very fattening and very unhealthy, although 47 is a guess I'm sure it is close. My family goes to fast food restaurant's seldom, most likely 2-3 times a month whereas we eat at home much of the time we really could just eat homemade meals where it would be better for us. When we eat out I barely get anything or nothing and make myself something at home, they drink nothing but soda pop and I can't, even if I could I would hope I wouldn't...
-Kendra H
Most people are aware that eating fast food is detrimental to their health, but this doesn't stop them from visiting their many favorite fast food restaurants frequently. One out of four americans eat fast food every single day. Why? Knowing fast food is bad for us yet continuing to eat it, its convenient. Our society is all about what is there, available, we are going to eat whatever you can put in our hands in five minutes long as it is good, not caring how unhealthy it is. Whether we know its bad or not, we are going to do whatever to get food now not later.
ReplyDeleteOne meal at a fast food restaurant contains all the calories you need for an entire day, and not in a good way. While only keeping you full for a couple of hours, its not worth it. Referring back to the question fast food is slowly destroying the body's of us americans. This is not forced upon us but by choice, if you are that one in fourth person that is your choice! This is why obesity rate has raised equaling 60% of Americans being obese today. You choose to eat unhealthy, and by us buying and buying this unhealthy food company's are making more and more money everyday, giving them an even better reason to keep selling this unhealthy food.
Its not just the obesity of us adults we have to worry about its children and us as a whole. Kids don't choose what they want to eat most of the time, they want whats good and what they have had before. Kids know nothing about what is healthy, they know what they were given by their parents. So as an obese child its a parents responsibility to make the better choice, set a good example, don't take the easy way out with the cheap unhealthy choices.
For more statics and facts you may want to be aware of visit. http://www.statisticbrain.com/fast-food-statistics/
-Brooke N. Spaulding
I suppose that in theory, stating that we have the freedom to poison our own bodies is perfectly fair. But what no one realizes is that it’s not fair to all who are involved. Parents are more likely to drive through McDonald’s on their way somewhere, than to go into Panera Bread. Access to these cheap and fattening foods is not only to those who can make the choice; leading to growth in childhood obesity. I find it to be unfair to our younger generations that we should force this unhealthy culture onto them, and then judge them as they grow for not being thin/ healthy. I think that there needs to be regulation, not revolution. No fast-food to anyone under the age of 7, and to refute the argument “this is a free country and we can feed our kids whatever we want.” I must point out that the statement is contradictory. If this is a free country, than your kids have the right to be healthy, and by you imposing your will in this manner, you are impeding their rights.
ReplyDeleteI feel that if fast food is so ‘undoubtedly necessary’, than it should at least be kept away from the youth. I believe that if this type of regulation were to be put into place, the sales of fast-food would deplete drastically, Forcing fast-food companies to offer healthy alternatives for children and adolescents. After that, feel free to plump-up I it’s really important to you. But we are harming our children by our cheapness and impatience. Lack of proper nutrients can lead to exhaustion and lack of focus, weak immune system and excessive weight gain. Are people really willing to cause such issues in their own children, just to save some money?
Also, a thing I’ve noticed personally is that people aren’t grateful for food anymore. Taste and quality no longer matter. The thought process of “I just have to eat it all” has become so common that it goes unnoticed. I believe that the large amount of junk that they are consuming, leads their taste-buds to ignore flavor and thus, they don’t care enough to enjoy the food. This allows people to consume more food without realizing it; and in turn, gain weight.
I guess I just think that we humans think we have control of this situation but, we really don’t. I feel like certain regulations would only be logical and fair to ALL citizens. Kids should not be forced to surrender their self-esteem, their health, or their life just for their parents to save a buck. I think that fast food establishments need to offer genuinely healthy options for people who need to get food fast, but want it to be healthy. And people need to start eating right again, and we just can’t figure it out on our own. We can’t keep using our “free country” as an excuse like spoiled children. Certain things need to be regulated for the benefit of the nation and its future.
~Bonnie Seyberth
PART 2
ReplyDeleteFast food is nearly all processed foods as well. But the taste most of it gives always makes you want more, you don't even notice it; all you know is you want more, and more, and more... Most people know that fast food is not the best option for their health but that isn't usually a good enough reason to stop them and eat something at home. Fast food is just more convenient for everyone, with people going to work, school, and anything extra on the daily afterwards we tend to be exhausted by the time we are going home and you can pass by a fast food restaurant, eat, and be done. One meal at most fast food restaurant's contains all the calories you need for a entire day and I doubt any of the correct nutrition you need. America as a whole is the most obese country, but are you surprised, honestly? I know I'm not at all. You can go on any main street and pass at least 10+ obese adults. Then you can go in an elementary school and find almost the same thing in one hallway. Now to be fair I've never seen a 7 year old make their own dinner, it's their parents that have done that to them, and as a former chubby child I know personally losing the weight is a huge hassle and I don't anyone who wants to go through that because I've still yet to get rid of it all. Though my mom made a majority of healthy meals I would refuse to eat them. I wanted McDonalds all the time, and any parent wanting to make their kid happy or shut them up would do it in a heartbeat. A big problem with eating healthy is the price, its not the prettiest price all the time; it's like you have to pay an arm and a leg to eat right for a week and a half which gives fast food one more point to add on to many. I get fast food is a choice to all individuals, but we all know its not the best choice.
-Kendra Harris
So, to be honest, I can't stand fast food so I kind of have a biased opinion on the subject. That being said I do believe that as a nation we have blown the whole issue of fast food way of proportion. Yes, eating fast food all the time does have negative effects on the body, but does the government really have the right to tell us what we can and can't eat?
ReplyDeleteThis country was founded of the ideas that people should be able to make decisions for themselves, not have someone tell them what they think. Why should they have the power to regulate what food we consume? Yes I understand food safety issues, but come on, the reason common sense isn't all that common is that we aren't able to learn from our own experiences what is right and what isn't.
Fast food is so popular because the American lifestyle now is to constantly be out and busy. Some clever entrepreneurs noticed this and figured out that they could become rich off of people following this lifestyle. Buying the cheapest ingredients, while not being great health-wise for the consumer, keeps the price down and maximizes revenue.
Let's face it, healthful food isn't that cheap, and unlike pre-industrialization, many people don't have the luxury of being able to have a garden. Those that do have gardens know how much work it is to raise crops and in turn when it comes time to sell the crops they increase the price based on how hard they worked.
So to sum it all up it's not entirely the fast food that is to blame,the American lifestyle, big government, and the Industrial Revolution have their part to play too.
Personally I do not think we should single out fast food restaurants. A simple fact is that most Americans are consumed with greed and we do not know how to control that. It has nothing to do with fast food it’s just the person eating it. If I go to a sit down restaurant and order a Caesar Salad and a Chicken Marsala do you really think it’s healthier for me than a big Mac? The answer is no in fact it’s much worse for me. As far as banning and limiting it goes once again that is pointless and not what America is and if people want to eat unhealthy food all the time is it any different than drinking or smoking to much because it all leads up to the same thing and that is a earlier death. And if you put restrictions on it people will find a way around it or just eat and other unhealthy food places like quick service restaurants or sit down restaurants. Everyone should have the freedom to choose what they want and when they want it but if that choice effects there health they should be ready to deal with it. And not complain or sue the company they got the food from because it’s not their fault no one force feed them the food.
ReplyDeleteDrew Dearborn
I personally don’t like eating out. My family eats out on special occasions or when we are in a hurry. I am not going to blame fast food for my weight or deteriorating health. I can blame that on my poor food choices and lack of exercise. We only blame fast food because we need something to point our fingers at. Saying that fast food is the reason one out of every three adults in America are obese is like saying that guns are the reason that 100,000 people die every year. We cannot keep blaming fast food we need to blame ourselves. We just have to learn to make the right choices. A teacher in Iowa lost 37 pounds by eating McDonalds for 90 days (60 more days than the guy from the movie Supersize Me). He also dropped his “bad” cholesterol from 173 to 113. It was not because he chose the healthiest things from the menu. It was because he was making smart choices and choosing food items that were recommended by dietary guidelines.
ReplyDeletehttp://video.search.yahoo.com/play;_ylt=A2KLqIGA5MlSNywAsmr7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTB2ZnI4OTFxBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDVjE1MgRncG9zAzM-?p=man+loses+weight+eating+mcdonald%27s&vid=c0c5f51646e5e47e2b7066ebe28b1813&l=2%3A14&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVJ.345726846785%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwMIJ1v3ut0w&tit=Iowa+Man+Loses+Weight+Eating+McDonalds&c=1&sigr=11a6bpn7d&sigt=116ai6a7p&pstcat=healthcare+and+medicine&age=0&fr=yfp-t-900-s&tt=b
Tariq Onodu